View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 18:05   Link #26522
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I'd say insufficient situational awareness.

While the initial problem was her lack of understanding seems to stem from not having anyone to provide intel on what's really happening, I'd also say that the other half of the problem lies in her puzzling lack of resourcefulness to get that info. She had her chances where she should, but didn't expend it.
Didn't Kamachi once said that Mikoto was the prime exampe of a "regular life" in Academy City? I feel that most of Mikoto's lack in action is thanks to that, she does regular things in a regular way, however the action and the writing is pretty much focused on "weird" or "exceptional" cases, Mikoto is pretty much "stuck" with being normal and thus she is always conveniently taken out when things seem too serious.

She is probably the only Level 5 that has not weird things / Dark Side relating things happen to her in regular basis (the Sisters deal was a one time deal after all). The only weirdness that happens to her frequently is facing Touma.

Well, there is also that in-novel "Mikoto getting shafted" became some sort of trend meme and she is definitely not going to escape that. Ever.