View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 05:22   Link #68
Ukeasan

I actually don't like that much, it's pure mediocrity from nothing but the previous past cliches animes and manga's have established in it's most exxagerated shallowest form. Alot of it relies on old and various cliches to make it uncreatively formulatic to garner a anime and a running shonen manga.

It's really sad how most creative popular manga/anime these days are ending and this is what we are getting from the new breed of creators of the new age of manga and anime. Fairy Tail is one of these sad concepts that doesn't really bring about a new groundbreaking idea that sets the mark for a new generation of manga readers. It just recycles old and domestic trite that others have done with better exectution.

Hell it's nothing more than riding on the success of One Piece as a basis. Stupid main lead with a random bunch of rag tag pals going on a journey to make a ruckus with no logical explination but for friendship. The kicker is, it's all DB's idea. But unlike DB, FT has no sense of point or expectation. It all is bundled up in it's idea of magical warriors being the best guild with the best moral ethics, it falls flat on it's ass when the plot is sporadic like that with only using one theme to power it's entire plot and pace.

Natsu is the worst shonen hero I have ever read about, no he's the worst protagonist to have ever existed in this age. If ripping off Luffy wasn't bad enough, he is completely a waste of space as a hero and a main character, his character is completely static and unrelateable. The dude has no purpose aka principles outside his guild, does nothing but size up the characters he fights like a big bully, and has the least amount of plot focus I have ever seen. How Mashima created this guy after making Haru Glory makes me question if he's smoking crack.

The plot has no build up, depth or edge, a coherrant scale of it's mechanics aka magic, character cast is based on nothing but simple one demensional anime types seen everywhere, all the plots like the dragons and the god slayers are paced out of the blue for the sake of dramatic build up which is forced, and the guild that the story focuses on is always on the matter of team natsu doing nothing but talk endlessly until Natsu brings up fighting some random douche.

Oh and did I mention, Erza is a lameass Undertaker with a winning streak and always beats superior opponent with no sense of reason. She's the worst character in this series, her character is like a mixture of Bella/Katniss mixed with cheap Wonder Woman/Xena chesse with a hint of Samus only Other M style.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-02-08 at 14:13.
Ukeasan is offline   Reply With Quote