View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 16:26   Link #54
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yes, some people like to joke that the Umineko anime doesn't exist.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but there are also people who have suggested that a new and better anime adaptation of Umineko be made. It's something that I'd happily welcome, but Umineko is the sort of story that would be extremely difficult to make a faithful adaptation of. And really, at this point, they might as well just adapt the rest of the story if anything at all.

Anyway, back to Higurashi Kaku, I wonder if it's the sort of thing that might actually be adapted decently. The main Higurashi story had the issue that a lot of it is rather slow-paced and perhaps wouldn't work well in anime format. Therefore Studio DEEN or whoever responsible decided to focus more on the horror/gore side of things, when in fact those aren't especially important in the grand scheme of things. Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen didn't have that much horror/gore anyway, causing people to be somewhat disappointed with the Higurashi Kai anime.

Since I don't know the story for Kaku, I suppose I'm wondering whether it's a more fast-paced story that doesn't rely so much on conversations between characters. It'll be interesting to see.

(Kinda ignoring Rei / Kira here, since those were rather silly. Not saying that in a negative way, but those certainly weren't like the more serious parts of the main story.)