View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 23:30   Link #50
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Similar to what other people have said, I'd rather have an adaptation of Higanbana (for obvious reasons) or Umineko Chiru (if done properly).

But then again, I must admit that I rather enjoyed Higurashi Rei and Kira. Sure, they weren't brilliant, but it was nice to see all the characters again. Therefore, I'm looking forward to Higurashi Kaku.

I'm quite curious about how well the film format will work. I've seen the live-action films and weren't terribly impressed by them (in fact, I'd go as far as to say that TMA did a better adaptation in some respects). But anyway, the stories in Rei and Kira were rather short, so I'm excited about the prospect of getting a slightly longer and meatier story.

I'm not going to spoil the story for myself, but from what I've heard of it, it certainly sounds intriguing. Maybe I should try and get a copy of Higurashi Daybreak for myself, although I'm not sure if Kaku has anything to do with that apart from the fact that the original story was supposedly included in the soundtrack for the game.