View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 05:26   Link #1
larethian

The Seraph of The End (Owari no Serafu) [MANGA]

New serialization in Jump SQ:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/rensai/...aph/index.html

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The story is by Kagami Takaya, author of Denyuuden and Itsuten, and the art is by Yamamoto Yamato, illustrator of Kure-nai (both manga and LN).

Unfortunately I do not have the time to write a synopsis right now, but I'm sure you guys can go read it yourself. (Or someone can help me out and I'll insert it later)

I wanted to start scantalating this and get someone to take over it later as usual but unfortunately, Fallen Syndicate has beaten me to it while I'm busy vacationing.

Anyway, the first chapter looks interesting, and as someone who's a fan and familiar with Kagami's works, I know this can potentially become something mind-blowing in future.

IIRC from Dai Denyuuden v12's afterword, novelization for Owari no Seraph will be out next year by Kagami himself. Wheee...

EDIT:
Accompanying LN thread (which covers events from 8 years ago): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...86#post4526986

Note that the light novel is covering the story 8 years before the manga, and Ichinose Glen (一瀬グレン), the commander who appeared in chapter 2 of the manga at the age of 24, is the 15-year old protagonist in the light novel, which means the light novel is the prequel, and the manga is the sequel (with Hyakuya Yuuichiro as the protagonist) and both are written at the same time.

Synopsis (from manga-updates):
Quote:
One day a virus appeared on Earth, this mysterious virus kills every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time Vampires emerged from the bowels of the world and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, he and the rest of the children from his orphanage are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing all of them.
Images
volume covers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2013-09-09 at 11:29.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote