Old 2006-01-10, 06:57   Link #76
Alexis
Serpent Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Original Character (Erick Bauer's the name) x Flay = OCxF
Kira x Flay = K x F
Lacus x Kira = L x K

So according to you, Alexis, does that mean that the character who are mentioned first are going to try to be with the second character mentioned after the first character? Please explain!
OK, I am afraid I am not sure I understand your question, maybe you could try to paraphrase it, or? Anyway, I'll explain a bit more, though I don't know if that would be what you are interested in.

The order of mentioning characters is so strict only when it comes to yaoi, for the sole reason, that if there's a M/F couples, it is quite clear who has which part, so to say. With yaoi however each of the partners being a male means that each one can be the seme (the top), so to avoid any confusion, it is commonly accepted to write the couples in the order seme x uke. And that is how they are written in Japan (as far as I know).

When it comes to straight couples, it is still better to write the male first and the female second. The simple fact that an author has stated a couple, sugests that the relationship between the characters is/will be going further than friendship and into the realms of romantic involvement.

However if one writes about a triangle one is to put the main interest for the character that has two options first, as for example Lacus x Kira x Fllay, would mean that this is a Kira x Lacus pairing with Fllay being in the way. In the center is the character that is one of his/her gender. If one is as bold as to write a threesome, then one puts it male x female x female or male x male x female, thus making it obvious that this is not a triangle, but a threesome.