View Single Post
Old 2006-01-09, 23:37   Link #70
polar720

I`m not usually a fan of fan fiction, but I did create a series once just for myself, I guess I`ll share some outlining of it (it never was finished).

Basically it`s an AU based on the UC setting.

Being a newtype was considered a disease. The effects of activated newtype powers caused the body to decay faster (thus peoples hair and the such would turn gray, etc). Basically if you saw a kid with streaked white hair, he would be "infected" per say. Of course, it`S not really a disease, but then I`d be spoiling stuff. It got it`s name because it was thought to be the next evolution of man, until they found that people "died" sooner than the usual human.

There is a civil war between the colonies, the Earth and Moon (seperate governments) are staying out of it (for the time being). Sides 1-4 vs. Sides 5-8. They are each on the other side of the Earth except for Side 2, which is sort of in the middle edging towards the 1-4 half of the colonies. The war is basically over the existance of "newtypes" in the colonies, seeing how they think it`s a contagious disease (outbreaks are increasing). Sides 5-8 want the newtypes to be exterminated or moved out of the colonies, while Side 1-4 says it`S not fair, you see where this leads to....There has only been one out break of violence during the time but that changes when Sides 5-8 attack Side 2...

The main character is a delinquent 17 year old kid, who jumps in a mobile suit (not a Gundam) to go look for his friends during the confusion of the attack of Side (Side 2). He takes out some other mobile suits, clumsily and/or luckily (he doesn`t just become an ace in other words). He finds them, but then he feels a bunch of pressure and the colony starts to fall apart. With the danger a battle ship of the Sides 1-4 escape and they hop aboard during the colony breakage. With pursuers and the main character being one of the few to be able to pilot a mobile suit, he is put to the test against the enemies attacks...

The Gundam doesn`t appear until later in the show, the first pilot of it gets killed and then it is handed to the main character. There are losts of mysterious things about it, because it reacts to the main characters newtype prowess (which he discovers he is infected later in the show), and it`s later revealed in the second series (The whole story is three series).

There`s more to the story, but it`s really long and I don`t wanna type all of it. Basically all the mysterious stuff is revealed later, and the main character goes nuts after the first series. It`s not a happy story, but the ending does leave a bit of hope. The biggest surprises are in part two though.

That`S all for now, I might post some more stuff on it later though...
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote