View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 12:01   Link #1710
Jord911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Holy

Anyone who has ever complained about my ranting and ravings, just look at this, Klashikari, utterly destroyed Code Geass.

I have stated that I feel people are not hard enough, and you hit a home run, that was simply beautiful. I also can't find any real fault with your logic.

They didn't answer a whole lot, and as I stated except for about 5 characters the character development was crap.

While some of it can be blamed on the time change, a lot of it can't, they chose to empasize plot twists over actual story telling, they chose to ignore developing characters, and for that you have a ton of characters you hate.

A 10/10 shouldn't need defending since it should be perfect.

A 10/10 shouldn't have any characters you hate.

A 10/10 shouldn't include the words The Scrappy

A 10/10 shouldn't include the words Rescue from the Scrappy Heap

A 10/10 shouldn't leave you wondering what happened

An example my favorite manga is FMA, and I love every single character, I love the Chimeras, I love the soldiers, I love the plot, I love the villains. They don't have a lot of plot twists, because you don't need plot twists.

For that review you deserve a postive rep

I have given you your postive rep
I joined this forum simply to reply to your post. Firstly, I would like to point out that the character development in FMA isn't much greater. It primarily focuses on Al and Ed, and minorly develops the rest of the cast. Code Geass, from the start, was about the lives of two boys, Suzaku and Lelouch, similarly to FMA. Pieces on a chess board don't all have unique personalities, but certain ones do. CG focused on expanding key characters, and developed the less major characters in a more subtle way. In R1, they primarily focused on developping Lelouche, Suzaku, Euphemia, C2, as well as Kallen. These five are obvious, but if you re-watch the series more than once, you will notice several minor developments occurring at the same time. Viletta & Cornelia are noteworthy mentions, Viletta in particular since she ends up with an 11 which at the start would have seemed preposterous. Jeremiah, while he has a more sporadic growth, still develops nicely and adds a layer of depth to the ending.

When people say that character development is lacking, I often question whether they really paid attention to the minor details. Watching the show twice often reveals information and details often missed the first time.

I personally rate CG on the top of my personal favourite anime. Is it a perfect 10? Probably not, but then again, no anime is. I have watched/read many series, One Piece, Naruto, Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Gurren Lagann, Gundam Endless Waltz, Black Cat, Rave Master, .Hack//Sign, 666 Satan, Reborn!, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Bleach, FMA, HotD, D.Gray Man, DBZ and many more. They all have their own little quirks which makes them not perfect. That being said,and none have left me with the feelings Code Geass does.

Maybe it's cause i watched the series in 4 hour intevals, but Code Geass had some of the strongest messages in an Anime i have ever experienced. The experience Okouchi portrays through Lelouch is incredibly deep and really allows the viewer to feel the pain and wavering emotions he is experiencing. I view many plot twists as a test to Lelouches emotions and dedication to his cause. When Nunally is re-dubbed a Britannian Princess, when Lelouch discovers his mother knew of her assassination, he is constantly forced to re-think his objectives and re-affirm himself of his resolve.

I will not deny that the series has its ups and downs, but EVERY series does. Even a series viewed by many as perfect, such as One Piece (don't get me wrong, i love the series) has intervals that I am not too fond of. The messages of CG delve deep and the ending helps solidify the message. For those reasons, I view CG as my favourite anime of all time.

A melancholic story blooms a beautiful flower of illumination and reverence.

To me, CG is perfect without being perfect.

"Even heroes have moments they loathe. Its the ability to push through and discern those moments that defines them" ~ Kachi DeNoir
Jord911 is offline   Reply With Quote