View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 01:32   Link #58
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Really? But since his sword was given to him by the king? (not entirely sure) he shudn't have surrendered it to tigre like that?
Spoiler for LN:
I'm not too surprised about his weapon, since it's probably as rare as Tigre's bow. Yeah, Durandal was handed down to Roland by the King, but as to the context of his handing it over to Tigre, I'll wait and see until I hit the grand battle in Volume 3. I'm still halfway in Volume 2 atm.

But considering that the King was locked up in his chambers and had mentally regressed after what happened to the prince, I suppose it wouldn't have been a bad option for Roland to surrender his sword to Tigre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
The author decided to kill off the character since overpowered characters are no good. Wouldn't make a good story I guess.
And considering that Roland kept Brune's borders protected, his death meant free passage to those who wanted to intervene with Brune's civil war, setting the stage for Volume 4's events.

Again, that's what I love about this series. Every action has consequences, whether intentional and unintentional, that play out in the big picture.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-10 at 01:46.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote