View Single Post
Old 2005-12-26, 01:18   Link #22
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I usually equate seinen and josei because 20-something young men and women usually have similar tastes in mature, non-cliched plots without the regular ways of anime.
While I would love to agree with you here, a lot of the crap animes like Raimiuro Senkitan, Green Green, and hentai are targeted at the seinen 20-30-something young men also. For me, I define seinen to the genre that first introduced the term to me, usually slice-of-life atmospheric anime with minimal ecchiness, stuff like Kamichu!, Aria, YKK, Victorian Romance Emma, and the like.

I will be interested in Shonen Onmyouji also if they portray the guys realistically (meaning, appealing to guys too, like yeah! that could have been me!) such as H&C. So far most shounen-ai anime rubbed off me as stories starring girls who just happen to have d**ks.

--------------------------------------

Also, the word h-game based-anime should not be misinterpreted. I believe it was pointed out in another forum (either animeondvd or animenation) that Meine Liebe, Harutoki, Sukisyo, were animes based on erogames for girls. So the next time somebody says "crap h-game anime", they must be specific..., i.e. "crap bishoujo game anime". For the record I find >50% bishoujo anime are actually pretty decent.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote