View Single Post
Old 2005-12-22, 21:11   Link #42
avmoghe

After a rather long delay due to academic reasons (grad school exams, for one), I have finally finished watching Gundam Seed Destiny. I was most reminded of Gundam X - the ending seemed to be simply tacked onto the series with little regard to whether it connected with the rest of the series. I had high hopes for the series, but it ended up being just another mediocre series like most of the Gundam Franchise.

In either case, concerning the topic at hand, here is my ranking (I've seen everything that has been ranked in its entirety).

--------------------------------------------------
1.) Gundam Seed - After having seen almost every Gundam show, this one remains my clear favorite. Despite its obvious flaws, I still maintain that nothing else in Gundam compares to the last third of the series. This is among my all-time favorite series along with Juuni Kokki, Crest/Banner of the Stars, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

2.) MSG Movies - The movies show substantial improvement (in content, as well as animation) over what I've seen of the TV series. The compression of over 40 episodes into three movies rarely allows for a dull moment. This is an excellent trilogy.

---- All of the series ranked below are ones which I thought were simply mediocre.
3.) Victory Gundam
4.) 0083
5.) Zeta Gundam
6.) 0080
7.) Char's Counterattack
8.) ZZ Gundam
9.) Gundam X
10.) Gundam Seed Destiny
11.) 08th MS Team
12.) Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz
----
----The only Gundam entry that I classify as 'bad'
13.) Gundam Wing

--------------------------------------------------

Note: I've seen 6 episodes of G Gundam, and don't think I can bear to watch anymore. I've yet to complete Turn A Gundam.
Since I cannot claim to have completed Turn A and G Gundam, they are not ranked.
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote