Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 08:32   Link #87
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I might be wrong on this but I'm really really glad to see A-1 pictures using their hard earnt money in 2011 (seriously this studio earnt the most amount of money in 2011 between 3 blockbuster titles in Anohana, Ao no Exorcist and Idolmaster) and using it to create an mature, adult-orientated, non-otakuish anime. I actually heard that this is airing on NTV or something and that it's on daytime television. If it is, holy shit. That's make me even more pumped.

And yeh, I forgot to mention the sport references. Lol Zidane headbutt. I also forgot to mention one thing. The OP song... flashback to the 1980s/90s fellas. Awesome optimistic song with a oldschool yet still freshly modern taste.

It saddens me that this series has to air in such an unforunate season where Hyouka, Fate Zero and Medaka Box are airing. I mean I'm 99% sure none of these three titles will give me the same level of satisfaction that this anime will give in the long run but without a doubt this series will be left in the dark. Same with Sakamichi no Appollon (which btw is going to really need to step up its game considering I expected THAT to be my favourite of the season). Heck, I enjoyed Space Bros more than the first episode of Game of Thrones S2. How's that for fanboyism :3

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-03 at 08:57.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote