Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 04:13   Link #43
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, this show is excellent. For one, it's nice to have variety with an adult protagonist for a change, and Mutta is quite an interesting character. His struggle is really relatable - not just the difficulty in finding a job, but the feeling when you looked back at your past and realizes you've been far from your childhood dreams....and hopefully, a second opportunity to pursue that dream again. The ending is really touching for that reason.

I do like how they have him not that much of a failure - sure he's no first Japanese on Moon, but having his design used on something as common as a cab shows he's quite succesful (which is why I'm surprised he has to go back to his parents directly, I thought he would at least have savings. Living in Tokyo is that expensive, I guess). The brother Hibito looks great too.

The rest of the stuff is good too, the bits of humor is great and the characters look likable, the OP is unique and is growing on me, the other characters look likable too. And really, how can I hate an anime that shows that infamous Zidane headbutt, even using it against the supervisor? Just great.