Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-07, 17:45   Link #79
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
This episode really confused me.....

Episode was going so well, flowed perfectly. Music was superb, everything was hitting the right spots...then all of a sudden, the chick RANDOMLY turns into not only a Tsundere, but an asshole. I was left confused as hell, like "where the f$%k did that come from?"

Otherwise good first episode, just didn't like how they made her seem like a very calm and nice character, then just randomly transformed her into a bitch.
It's not as random as you're making out.

Even though Airi was nice and caring towards Shingo and Sakuno, she made it damn well clear that the student body (her included) would not accept the arrangements now in place.

When Airi was with Shingo and Sakuno at first, there was no indication to her that the latter two were part of her school as test students, so thus there was no animosity from her towards the pair of them. How could there be? She'd only just met them.

However, as I said earlier, Airi (and the students of the school) had no intention of allowing a merger (as after all, it's an all girls school). Please note as well though, that her resolve was somewhat knocked when she realised it was Shingo and Sakuno. I believe that Airi Sena feels no hatred towards the test students - though her actions may suggest otherwise. It wouldn't be impossible to suggest that she falls in love in Shingo Uryuu, but still disagree with the merger - it is the concept that she despises, not those involved as a result of the concept.

When you detest something so much, you are more than likely to act very differently than when around friends, right? Works the same here.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote