Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 15:14   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
@Reckoner

Indeed, I can see how this being one-cour can be worrying (as are most VN adaptations that only get one season, heh), double so with the pacing of ep1 being as laid-back as it was. That said, it's all in the hands of Manglobe, and given my subjective opinion, MashiFoni actually can work as one-cour, depending on how they go about it.

Fortune Arterial was bad for sure, and I knew from the start 12 eps wouldn't be enough for it, but I feel that this show might pull it off, with clever use of time and depending on how they plan on adapting the story. It's a very character driven story indeed, so there is a lot they can accomplish by playing their cards right.

Given what I imagine the set goals of this anime to be (though I have been proven not to see eye to eye with VN-anime directors before ), they can probably afford the slowly paced start to ease us in with the main characters. That said, here's hoping they pick up the pace now that they have gotten to the school part and cat is out of the bag, and not just Miu's cat.
Well seeing as you are someone who has played the VN, and knowing how you felt about Fortune Arterial's adaption, I find this very reassuring.

Next episode I suppose will really be when we can start judging their use of pacing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote