Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 14:37   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Another scene that I thought was well done (even though it's simple) was the introduction to Miu, looking onto the courtyard. Everyone else is noticing and commenting on Pannya (after the comment that "nothing should surprise us anymore"), but it's clear that Shingo's not looking at the pet. Shingo's trance and subsequent reaction was like "oh yeah, there's a pet there too?" Subtle, but good.
As the male lead, Shingo obviously knows where his priorities must lie

But yeah, I liked the scene as well. Considering Miu was probably my favorite heroine of the original, I am quite looking towards what they can do with her here. (Even if thinking about it leaves me somewhat worried, but that's not a conversation for this thread).

@Reckoner

Indeed, I can see how this being one-cour can be worrying (as are most VN adaptations that only get one season, heh), double so with the pacing of ep1 being as laid-back as it was. That said, it's all in the hands of Manglobe, and given my subjective opinion, MashiFoni actually can work as one-cour, depending on how they go about it.

Fortune Arterial was bad for sure, and I knew from the start 12 eps wouldn't be enough for it, but I feel that this show might pull it off, with clever use of time and depending on how they plan on adapting the story. It's a very character driven story indeed, so there is a lot they can accomplish by playing their cards right.

Given what I imagine the set goals of this anime to be (though I have been proven not to see eye to eye with VN-anime directors before ), they can probably afford the slowly paced start to ease us in with the main characters. That said, here's hoping they pick up the pace now that they have gotten to the school part and cat is out of the bag, and not just Miu's cat.