Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 10:18   Link #52
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(On that note, how does she manage to get lost by going to her neighborhood's mall ).
Also, get that girl a smartphone with GPS and a Maps app. (Granted the original story was written a few years ago, so it's a bit sign of the times.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Was nice to see Airi's resolve falter a bit when coming face to face with the two siblings, and finding her two newfound friends among those she is about to denounce. But hey - at least it means there is a guy among the crowd who might be able to leave a positive impression on her.
Yes, I thought this in particular was well-done and came across quite well... perhaps even better than in the original work just because you can more easily discern the emotions involved in this form. Her mother's reactions also came across well during that segment, going from "here she goes again" to "now she's done it... *facepalm*". I was impressed by how much of the dynamic they were able to convey between mother and daughter in that short scene.

Another scene that I thought was well done (even though it's simple) was the introduction to Miu, looking onto the courtyard. Everyone else is noticing and commenting on Pannya (after the comment that "nothing should surprise us anymore"), but it's clear that Shingo's not looking at the pet. Shingo's trance and subsequent reaction was like "oh yeah, there's a pet there too?" Subtle, but good.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic...