View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 13:28   Link #170
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Look, I think we're on totally different subjects here. You're assuming that my explanation means nothing to the writing of the manga... and it doesn't mean anything toward the writing... I'm trying to explain that this explanation is only in-universe.

Like I said, it's the only in-universe explanation. You know, in that fantasy world that Kubo happens to be writing. The characters aren't gonna say "Well Kubo fucked up lol", because they're not manga characters in-universe They're real people. And if it's the only explanation they've got, well consider what Spock said it that new 'Trek movie. "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

An explanation in defense of Kubo? Not in the least. The only explanation that would make sense in-universe? Unless you got a better one, I'd say it is.
I agree. Characters can make mistakes they're not always right. You have to take what they say with a grain of salt until you get undeniable proof that they are correct in their assumptions. As you said they're in-universe so they can be wrong because people make mistakes.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote