View Single Post
Old 2011-06-19, 12:27   Link #214
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The worst Gundam series is probably an accurate description. This was the sixth series I watched and it was just horrifying at the start. It’s not that it has comedy. It’s that the comedy bastardises the characters, affects the plot far too much and entirely centres on characters acting buffoonish and moronic. It’s basically unintelligent and simple comedy that only a pre-teen could possibly like. I don’t even want to talk about the Moon Moon episodes.

Yes it does get better in second half but although it had moments that were almost as good as Zeta (like Judau’s sister getting “killed”) there’s not much in there than I can say makes the entire series worth watching. The only thing I really got out of this series is plot advancement: namely Haman Karn gets killed and the Zabi family is finally taken out of the picture. Honestly if someone told me they were about to watch Double Zeta, I’d just tell them that’s what happens in the end and then tell them to move on to Char’s counterattack.

Oh and by the way, I really am pissed that Haman Karn, an absolutely awesome villain that I really liked gets her feathers ruffled and finally killed by such a pathetically average character like Judau. It would’ve been far better if Char had managed to kill her at the end of Zeta and something like the Africa arc was made into a separate side story OVA or something (and if Tomino got the green light for Char’s Counterattack beforehand). Then there wouldn’t have been any need to make Double Zeta at all. I also didn’t like the ambiguous nature of Mineva’s fate. I hope she turned out alright. I really liked that cute little girl.

Overall: 5/10
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote