View Single Post
Old 2004-11-09, 21:17   Link #269
Vega
Vega

Help! I need something fansubbed before x-mas!

Hey all!

My name is Vega and I am a university student studying anime. I am in need of some major help - I don't speak Japanese!

I have a copy of the rare Inu Yasha Stage Musical, ripped, and ready to go. I also have the entire script in either hirigana or kanji (I'm not sure which it is) scanned and ready to send to someone as a .zip file.

I really really really would appreciate the help of someone who can put these two elements together and subtitle the whole thing for me!

The stage musical is divided into three "episodes", the first about 1.30 hrs, the second about 1.20hrs and the third about .30hr. There are also three deleted scenes, but those aren't all that important.

What the subtitler would be required to do is merely translate and subtitle what is spoken on the episodes; I will provide the script to help, but if there are descrepincies, then deffinately stick with the audio track as the final version. If possible, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the teleplay, either.

This musical is being translated for my Dramatic Literature Honors Thesis, whose topic is the relevancy of Anime in relation to Kabuki in the 21st C. This is the kind of stuff that will make Anime a relevant art form in North America, hopefully, so please help me out!

Unfortunately, I really really need these subs by the first of January, so I can prepare for my presentation to the faculty in Febuary with it. I had someone who volunteered to help, but was unable to translate afterall due to personal concerns.

Please, please help me!

Of course, I will allow the work to be posted on the site so everyone can watch it once we're finished.

Get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks! arkaidy@hotmail.com

--Vega