View Single Post
Old 2004-11-08, 10:01   Link #69
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I think the problem is where you live. I'm not sure if it's discrimination or if they simply get a lot of
fraudulent orders from Hong Kong or elsewhere in Asia, but I do think this is why.

Certainly requesting a copy of your credit card statement is not unusual in this case. A copy of
your utility bill is though. The only time I ever have been requested to be that thorough would be
when I opened a back account when I was staying in Ireland.

I myself have had to send a copy/scan of my credit card statement and/or credit card itself when:
- ordering server(s) for AnimeSuki and other sites -- these are expensive, so they want proof
- buying from online game shops such as www.tronixweb.com and www.therage.com

Example: TronixWeb shows this text on their "Shopping Cart" page:
"Please note: New customers may be requested to FAX (212-727-8934) over additional
information before order processing. Your faxed information is completely private.
We only require this additional information if we cannot easily verify card ownership and address."

Note: you may assume that pretty much all international orders fall under above clause.

So... DVD Pacific is just doing this to protect them against fraud. Most likely if you comply with their
request they'll send you the DVDs without futher questions, plus it'll be 1-time only, you won't need
to go through the same trouble when ordering again.

Edit: Just read the part where you indicated already having ordered (succesfully) from
DVD Pacific before. In that case it's really odd they're sending this mail out. But again:
if you comply they'll send the DVDs out, and it'll be 1-time only. I would recommend waiting
for a reply on that email though, and also recommend trying the email address they used
to reply just in case.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote