View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 10:01   Link #360
janfive

It's been exactly two years since this thread was started, around the time I gave up on U.S. Pop/Top40 songs. I am grateful that this project has been a success. I didn't expect this thread to have the third highest view counts in the Music forum and a cache of 1,000+ anime songs as reference. My interest in this project has not dimmed, mostly because I haven't reached my goal: to count down the 1,000 Greatest Anime Songs of All Time. Thus as an anniversary resolution, I promise right here and now that before the year ends I will post the said list. This thread is proof enough that I am capable. I already have around 800 songs in my database but ranking them is hard. Although it's not a priority, I might start a blog/webpage for this purpose and submit a youtube video. In closing, I thank you all for viewing this thread, sending recommendations and letting me off to my whims and caprices. A special thanks to christinemarie whose regular contributions are invaluable and symbiotic to my project since its inception so much that this may also be called christinemarie's thread.

Spoiler for chart news:

Here are my inductions into the Hall of Fame for Week 107 (The Week ending on March 23, 2011):

"Yakusoku" by Yui Horie
Love Hina (TV/Insert Song/2000)

posted by christinemarie
Spoiler for video:

"Hajimete Kimi to Shabetta" by GaGaGaSP
NARUTO (TV/Ending Theme #8/2005)

posted by hikaru 13
Spoiler for video:

"Sora ni Saku" by lisa (Lisa Komine)
Rental Magica (TV/Opening Theme #1/2007)

posted by King Lycan
Spoiler for video:

"Sakura Kimi ni Emu" by yozuca*
D.C.II: Da Capo II (TV/Opening Theme/2007)

Spoiler for video:

"HEAVEN" by HIM
YAT Anshin! Uchu Ryokou/YAT Anshin! Luxury Space Tours (TV/Opening Theme #1/1996)

Spoiler for video:

"raging waves" by Megumi Hayashibara
Slayers Gorgeous (movie/Ending Theme/1998)

Spoiler for video:

"tell tell Bouzu" by KOKIA
Hungry Heart: WILD STRIKER (TV/Ending Theme #2/2003)

Spoiler for video:

"Shinkai no Kodoku" by Houko Kuwashima
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY/Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY (TV/Insert Song/2005)

Spoiler for video:

"Brand new day" by Aice5
Rikujo Boeitai Mao-chan/Ground Defense Force Mao-chan (TV/Opening Theme #2/2002)

Spoiler for video:

"Watashi ga Fushigi" by Kumiko Oosugi
Doraemon: Nobita to Tetsujin Heidan/Doraemon: Nobita and the Platoon of Iron Men (movie/Ending Theme/1986)

Spoiler for video:

(also thank you Rebecca Black for donating the proceeds of your awful song "Friday" to help Japan. Songs like yours made me look for other music, even those with lyrics I can't understand.)

Last edited by janfive; 2012-05-17 at 20:06.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote