View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 21:06   Link #9
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I wouldn't count Live-Evil and Anime-Kraze as "active". A-Destiny is sorta doubtful too.

L-E did release something the other day but the previous release before that was over two months ago.

A-Kraze is in a similar state of "activity" (if you can call it that) with three (3) episodes released since November last year; they haven't released anything by themselves (i.e. not in a joint) since 2009. I suspect "their" releases lately are onlymostly labeled as A-Kraze for political/historical reasons. It could also be argued that releasing episodes of a show that has been subbed by other groups for well over TWO YEARS does not make the group "active". (It's not a BD or DVD rip either, so you can't even consider it active as a ripping group.) Edit: the show in question is actually licensed and is being streamed by Viz and will be released on US DVD in March. lol.

A-Destiny was deadinactive (no releases) between 2009-10-30 and 2010-06-15; then dead again until they started releasing Bakuman in a joint with TMD, but all signs point to that release being mostly labeled A-Destiny for political reasons as well.

Edit edit: your sort order is bad, by the way. Dattebayo is older than A-Destiny and Saizen is older than both. AniDB uses day.month.year.
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I will have to modify the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
oh ok

I think releasing an episode a month is a pretty bad definition of "active", though. Any three old schm
9. Saizen (09.07.2004)
Sort of active and actually talks about picking up new shows, but unfortunately nobody cares about sports anime. Not relevant.
Okay, I will reply to this one since I have history with the group. It is actually very much active and old projects have gotten new staff, so things will be reviving, and has been okay lately. It is also absolutely not relevant if most people do not enjoy sports anime, as the people working on it do. I respect your opinions, however, I disagree with them, and since I started the topic, I can define what active means

Last edited by sangofe; 2011-02-20 at 16:58.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote