View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 21:27   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How does Natsu drinking it turn everyone else into Jellal? Also, is Erza affected as well?:P
Because it's Jellal-related, so it simply does.

But really, this Jellal thing is a bad joke gone haywire.

From whence we were shown that there were twin siblings of Jellal/Sieglain, to the reveal that they were one to begin with. What broke the camel's back was when Mystogan was revealed to be (Edo)Jellal. And then the Nirvana arc, suddenly 'mysterious person that helped Wendy + knows about Nirvana' is... Jellal.

By that point, the notion that Jellal is everywhere, related to everything, and will become everyone has gone almost out of control as a joke.

And then comes Edoras's arc Prince Jellal thing. Which wasn't bad by any means, but that arc was kinda lacking. Frankly, the real problem with Mystogan was that his entire character relied on the suspense hook of him 'looking like Jellal.' Beyond that, all we know is that he's a relatively nice guy and nothing muche else to his characterisation.

And I would eat my bread hat if the current arc wouldn't involve Jellal one way or another. I mean, Zeref? Grimoire Heart? Urtear? It'd be a wonder if his name didn't even slip by.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote