View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 23:07   Link #21
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Just on the top of my mind, in Nirvana arc, Racer was asked to bring Jellal's body back because he's the fastest. Now we all know that Racer's magic is to slow the people around him, so does that mean the rest of Oracion doesn't know that?
Brain probably knows, the rest may or may not.

Quote:
Wendy eats air. Doesn't that mean, unless the opponent actively removes air from the surroundings or trap her in a vacuum, Wendy is like "immortal", since she can always recover or power up by eating the air around her?
Actually, if you go back and look at her profile, it specifies that she needs clean air. So an opponent wouldn't have to remove the air around her, just start contaminating it. For example, cities which have lots of fires for cooking and warmth, oil lamps for light, tanners or blacksmiths scattered around, manure from various work animals, midden heaps, and so on; would not be ideal terrain for Wendy to fight in.

I doubt this particular limitation will ever come up in Fairy Tail, but it is a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
another funny thing was that she's supposed to be a healer and using support magic and can't fight according to herself in Nirvana arc, but in the Edolas arc she was clearly fighting. while it was nice and cool to see all 3 DS using their breath weapons, but Mashima's contradictions can be unbearable at times.

and I hope he really explains Levy's magic properly, otherwise, after having see that she can conjure material stuff from words and without limits, I could just think of how overpowered it can be.
The "can't fight" thing is pretty clearly a matter of lack of training, and lack of self confidence. Well, that and being raised by the last survivor of a people whose sole contribution to warfare was to try and weaponize "let's make my enemy into my friend."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote