View Single Post
Old 2004-10-06, 19:55   Link #100
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGurl
I am like soooo totally phyched to see the first episode of Bleach! But I want to make sure I get a good fansub so I was wondering if the Lunar fansub is good. I've never seen their releases but is it like, as good as anbu or aone fansubs? Thanks a bunch. *thrilled Bleach has an anime now* WOOHOOOOO.
Lunar is one of my favorite sub groups, they have a lot of good releases and i was REALLY happy to see them doing Bleach No worries, it's an excellent translation (though i do like Viz's "Soul Reaper" translation of Shinigami more than Lunar's "Death god", since they aren't exactly "godlike", they just collect/send souls like Grim Reapers)
really interesting how Viz's manga translation left in more of the Japanese proper nouns (Zanpaku-tou, Kidou so far) than the fansub did
also, at the rate things are going, Viz'll (Shonen Jump) be releasing a manga volume that's either ahead or at the same point as the anime
the ED absolutely SHOCKED me, i've never heard a song by a japanese singer that blended both japanese and english together so well, and the OP was ok too (sort of like Naruto was at first, then they got the kick ass second opening...come to think of it Bleach's anime production has a LOT in common with Naruto...)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote