View Single Post
Old 2010-08-03, 14:51   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Americans aren't the only ones who desecrate other cultures' media with their filthy barbarian language... ^_^

Lots of American shows are popular and mainstream in Japan, and much like mainstream in the States, that tends to disfavor subtitles.
More and more dubbing is being done in Japan now as well. Younger audiences don't like to read subtitles and prefer dubs while older audiences prefer subtitles. While American companies have always dubbed foreign media until recently. The famous Pan's Labyrith was not dubbed because the director forbade it, since he knew how much it would change things. So the movie that was so popular and won so many awards was in subtitles. And the recently finished TV show, Lost, had the most subtitles in any TV series to date because two characters were Korean. The episodes which were focused on them had more Korean than English spoken and the audience watched it and accepted it. Dubbing and subtitling differ in each country, but both are done in every country.

I think I went off on a little tangent there, lol.

Let's stay on topic! I just re-watched Hitagi Crab and the short clips in the beginning of the first episode got me really excited for this series. The action should be awesome.