View Single Post
Old 2004-09-10, 01:43   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter
I just stumbled across this site a couple of days ago, searching for a rather scarce Love Hina wallscroll. They have good prices, and I do plan to buy from them, but nowadays, you can never be too careful.

They don't have an "About Us" section, so I have no idea where they are or how long they've been operating. Their transactions are handled through PayPal... do they have some sort of quality-assurance system set up?
Their domain has existed since the 13th of Feburary this year, so at least that website hasn't been around long. And, since a lot of the site is "coming soon", I assume that they're just getting started up - it looks to me like a one-person operation (not that there's anything wrong with that).

In terms of the risk, though, since payment is processed by Paypal, your biggest risk would be the price of whatever you purchase - and since most of their merchandise seems to be $10 (US, I assume), it's not a huge risk. Normally, I wouldn't deal with companies that don't have a long-standing reputation and a solid online store infrastructure, but as I said, worst case scenario, all you lose is $10, and you could even use Paypal's dispute policy to resolve that if need be.

So in other words, you're taking a risk, but all you've really got to lose here is about $10. If you get the merchandise and it turns out to be of good quality, then everybody wins.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote