Thread: Turn A Gundam
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-29, 13:48   Link #58
Imazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebus
Originally Posted by Imazul
As a hard core Gundam fan , its my duty to hate Turn a Gundam.
What did they do to my Gundam!!!!!!!!!! The mech design is almost repulsive if you saw any other series.

Well I dont think you are a hard core gundam fan as i think you only like cool
mecha action.Turn A is actually Tomino's(creator of gundam) greatest work after he came out of his depression and you know, he is actually disgusted at how seed and wing went.The true meaning of gundam is not the mecha but the story of how wars affect people.Turn A fits the category and more with one of the best stories i have seen.Actually I personally think Turn A gundam is one of the best looking gundams yet.

Ps.If you guys are impressed with the battles now the future battles are more interesting as Rolan comes up with inventive ways to use Turn A.
Didnt say anything about the story, but I really cant stand the "dirty sanchez gundam" like my friends liek to call it for some reason.

And just to be sure, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed and Gundam X are not real gundam serie, well not in my opinion at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrek
This is a perfect example of how the single most creative Gundam show gets ignored, while rehashed, unimaginative shows like SEED canb e successes. Turn A is bad because you don't like the Turn A's design look? It's true, the Turn A doesn't make good action figures, but it works well in the show, and the show has a great plot. Isn't that what matters?
Lol no, Gundam is one of the only anome serie where the mech design matters, in fact its my favorite thing in the gundam universe. Mech are so ugly drawn in Turn A that it is really repulsive, compared that to the orinigal gundam serie or to mech in Char's Counterattack or my personnal favorite Gundam ZZ where even if the image quality isnt that great the gundam doesnt look like sh**. Not to mention that the Turn A gundam is hugely overpowered for someone interested a little in the gundam stats.
And the story is far from being a genius story like most of you seems to think. I liked alot more that dark Gundam Victory or the military atmosphere of the original Gundam than how they try to pull it off in Turn A. I still consider it like a Gundam serie tough so it should be enough. But a medium story with crappy mech design just doesnt cut it.

Last edited by Imazul; 2004-08-29 at 13:59.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote