View Single Post
Old 2010-03-30, 12:52   Link #73
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Excellent... would be nice to get the second season as a dub/licensed release I can import and understand I'd seen the American DVD for the first season was widely sold out whilst I was trying to order it, so I'd figured sales must have been decent. Wish it'd get a UK release though, the picture quality tends to be better (480 vs 576 lines and as can be seen from many of the internet rips, anime often doesnt suffer too badly from losing a few frames if the encode is done well)!
And yes...I'd actually buy a UK copy as well to show support if I could find it reasonably, same as I've got more than one copy of the Yen Press novel.

The 2nd season is certainly different from the 1st, but it knows how to pull the heart strings. If you even mention Amarti to my brother you should see the look he pulls after I got him to watch it

Now all we need is an official announcement of Season 2 dub, followed by Yen Press releasing several books at once, followed by a Japanese announcement of Season 3. Id be a very happy man if this all happened.

Blu-ray releases of both seasons (preferably region free) with subs/dubs would also be awesome news.
As well as my imported official Funimation copy of Season 1, I've got a 720p copy done by a guy named Niizk which really knocks the pants off the official DVD in terms of picture quality, I'd prefer to have one copy as my 'go to'. The blu-ray version could probably get away with holding both audio tracks in 5.1 in decent quality without having to reduce one set to stereo as well. Whilst S&W isn't the most active series in audio effects etc, it could certainly be used to increase the atmosphere, and music mixed well for it sounds great.
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-03-30 at 13:02.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote