Talking Super Sentai General Discussion Thread

third preview subbed by TV-Nihon

preview courtesy of lucnylive

final preview, unsubbed

thanks to daming7562

Info from Wikipedia:
Spoiler for spoilered for sheer amount of info:

Notes:
*Alata is rather effeminate looking. Even now, I don't think he looks like a leader, and I cannot tell whether he will be a "serious red" or a "loudmouthed red."
*Hyde is tall for a Japanese guy! He towers over the other rangers.
*...but not as much as Dereputa of the Meteor. The guy's 1.5x as tall as Gosei Red! I feel sorry for whoever the suit actor is. Maybe they stuck the guy who does extra large mechs in there.
*Hyde is the only member of the Seaic Tribe, so maybe the inevitable sixth ranger will also be Seaic?
*The "Gosei Headers" are interchangeable. There are also 8? more hardpoints on Gosei Great's shoulders, wings, and knees, so presumably by mid-season the mech will be a 14-headed monstrosity. Of course, I expect a second robot to show up.
*It's nice that Gosei Great's sword is actually on fire. The fake CG fire and explosions that appear in tokusatsu too much nowadays is nothing compared the bright flames, smoke, and debris that accompany real fire and explosions.
*Unfortunately, since this is sentai, and an apparently retro one nonetheless, I expect the two girls to get marginalized as usual.
*These guys use cards to access powers and equipment. Maybe Decade will show up in this world?

Of course, Goseiger doesn't start until next Sunday. This week, it's Samurai Sentai Shinkenger's finale!
WARNING SPOILERS FOR SHINKENGER FINALE!!!

Spoiler for Shinkenger final episode:

Last edited by justsomeguy; 2010-02-07 at 14:09.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote