View Single Post
Old 2009-10-02, 17:45   Link #99
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
Yeah, I agree. I'm planning on doing the same. On one hand, viewing Lawrence as more of a jerk makes it easier to view Horo as less of a jerk. But on the other hand there are already enough issues with this season; if neither character grew I might as well write the whole thing off as filler.

It also confuses me since Horo seemed really torn by how selflessly kind he was in the first season. Did his character really change that much as he realized he "liked" her?
i watched the later part with both frostii and mazui back to back but not the start or sfw. All side by side should help me chose which to keep and maybe clear some stuff up, but i always kinda disliked the feel of frostiis. Other than their translation in ep 00 missing the whole point of the end, i just felt that some of the regular translations were a bit cleaner/clearer in the frostii one, but the important scenes seemed off.

Quote:
Brace yourself, it's time for another of my long-winded over-analyses

Assuming she hasn't been lying or hiding some darker truth, or that I haven't missed something, I only have one interpretation - she's just a total basket case. Regardless of what has screwed her up this badly, she's a wreck. We'll have to wait to find out whether there is a sympathetic reason for it, but she's too damn cute to not sympathize with anyway.
lol maybe thats the best explination. That scene near the begining is just confusing to me, even with both those translations. The extreme schitzo form of that conversation and the back and forth of what the hell she wants would be explained easily by just saying 'shes a total basket case' =P

Quote:
She has irrational fears of commitment. She appears to want to get closer to Lawrence, but is scared they will start to grow apart. She has shown signs of this before as early as the first OVA where early-on she changed the mood so he "wouldn't get tired of her". To me, that's a sure sign of emotional baggage.
*snip*

In retrospect it seemed like she had a panic attack because she was worried that she was screwing him up (ie, she cares about him, but makes the wrong choice). Unfortunately her fight-or-flight instincts went the wrong way to "flight". She seems to confirm that in the end ("you defied my foolishness with everything you had").
screwing him up? hmm i dunno. I almost view it as her just realizing this whole idea is stupid and she really doesn't want to do this. Maybe she realizes there that shes using it all as an excuse because shes scared of being hurt. *shrug* again, i dont know the whole scene is confusing with both translations. Its really odd that Lawrence didn't push the issue when she started losing it near the end too.

also him replying with 'i dont' in the mazui version vs 'yes' in the frostii is rather important If he replied with 'i dont' then that insinuates he really isn't understanding that she doesn't truly want this and is trying to do it 'for his sake' although its really just something shes using as an excuse to avoid getting any closer to him.

However, if he did reply with 'yes' then that shows that he is AWARE that she really doesn't want this and his lines after the resulting slap would be pretty messed up. Just him intentionally trying to hurt her. Hence the reason i do think frostii is letting their hatred of lawrence color their subs. Switching NO for YES is a pretty big change though. i really need to know what he says there

Its that whole turn around at the end that makes this scene preplexing as hell to me. she goes from stoic and determined to miserable with it painted everywhere that this isn't what she wants. How lawrence really percieved that and why she still remained so stubborn are what confuses me.

blea maybe i'll just go with 'shes a basket case' lol

on a side note, have you guys checked out the manga? DAMN im digging it more than the anime. It seems quite a bit more graphic. Horo seems far more sexy than just cute. And shes certainly drawn.. err 'perkier' in the chest region. Even lawrence looks hotter and all cut. The scene near the begining is totally different, where they dry off after getting soaked

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/wolf_a...01/c003/8.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/wolf_a...01/c003/9.html

yowza! horo looks very hot all wet and slick like that. I certainly dont remember that in the anime. Or lawrence getting naked! (butt shot for the ladies too lol)

and this scene?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/wolf_a...1/c003/11.html

christ, shes practically bent over the table o_O Her shaking her tail was a quick tame comedy bit in the anime if i remember right

even her initial howl is sexier. In the anime she just stood up and howled. here she arches her back bends down. Its much more erotic
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/wolf_a...1/c001/28.html

i was just planning on reading the novels but now i guess i'll check the manga out too