View Single Post
Old 2009-10-02, 01:39   Link #96
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
is the frostii one out then? lol what did they do with their subs? i havent been liking their translations but i was waiting for them and SFW to release them before comparing them side by side then watching it all from ep 1 to see which is best (leanin to frostii now)

since im still waitin on sfw, what did frostii do to make lawrence look bad?
Well, aside from changing "I love you" to "I like you", their choice of words tended to make him come across as more mean-spirited and clueless than Mazui's subs. I have nothing against them not liking Lawrence (after all, everyone loves Horo), but all together it made a pretty big difference in my perception of Lawrence (and him specifically).

Overall, if that trend continues in their other subs it might explain why some people have such a low opinion of his character. I'm stretching that line pretty thin, though, and I know it. I have no idea who watches what group's subs. I also don't have the time right now to re-watch the series, so I was curious if others feel Frostii is being unforgiving, or Mazui is being too forgiving.

Apart from a couple of tough-to-translate scenes, I found Mazui seemed to be doing a pretty good job this season. At least, their portrayal of Lawrence seemed to match my impressions for volume 3 of the novels (the first 6 episodes of the season). I have no idea about the second half of the season, so I'm trying to get others' impressions.