View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 21:37   Link #3
Attoney

Animation: 8
Though the animation was slightly superior to season 1, there were also serveral instances where the animation was just off, such as close up shots on certain characters. Sadly, this distracted me from the story because they are standing out way too much. I originally would have rated this a 7, but the last few scenes of the season were beautifully illustrated, so that prompt me to bump this into an 8.

Voice acting: 9
The voice acting for Horo and Lawrence was excellent, really showed some emotion in their conversations. The side characters were also very nicely done in my opinion, at least none of the character's voices drove me insane.

Story: 7.5
The overall story was well-developed, although it tends to jump around a bit. Character development was more focused on Lawrence this season, which made me like him as the leading male character. Although I would like to see more development on Horo, which received little development within this season.

Soundtrack: 8.5
Really liked the OP song of this season, and none of the sounds within the season seem out of place or annoying.

Adaptation: 7
The animators seems to try and jam a chapter per episode within this season, which led to unconsistent pacing throughout the season. The beginging pacing of the story was rather fast, then it died down later in the season. Also, I sometimes need to rewatch episodes and check the forums regulary to see if I had missed any implicit meanings in the dialoge, or just simply trying to find an explantion of the dialogue. I would have like it better if the story take some time to explain what they are talking about, which could enhance the overall interaction between Lawrence and Horo. I guess that's kind of hard, since the anime is told in a objective point of view, which skips all of Lawrence's thoughts and monlouges, which help explain things within the story.

Enjoyment: 9
I really enjoyed this season, since i was a nice break from the action-no-plot and harem animes that has been realeased this year. Really liked the interaction between Lawrence and Horo. It just has a sense of realism to me, and not the typical guy loves girl, or girl love guy scenario. Shame the pacing and animation quality brought this down from a 10 to a 9.

Emotional involment: 10
I really got into this anime series because the characters personalities just seem so real and developed to me. The anime does a good job at creating and holding suspense, such as the pyrite arch.

Overall: 8.4( i'll round it off to a 9, just cause i'm in a good mood today)

This season was fairely well done, but it could have been better., I would still recommend it to my friends. Lawrence really became a man in this season, and i have grown to like him alot. He really showed good faith in his actions, and I repsect him for choosing to continue his journey with Horo rather than his business. Horo on the other hand, became a bit whiny and selfish in this season. She doesn't show as much wisdom as she did in the first season. She just somehow confused me with her actions, especially during the renose arch, where i have no idea what she is thinking and motivation behind her actions. Generally, I am disappointed with this season because it could have been so much better. It just lacks the polish, and that is sadly one of the biggests issues I have with this season.

Looking forward to a Season 3

Last edited by Attoney; 2009-09-30 at 22:16. Reason: Organization