View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 23:05   Link #84
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

yeesh dont check for a bit and got all these posts to go through.

quoting them all would take forever. I guess that scene that was in question makes sense now, it was just worded very strangely. I kinda got what it meant but needed some confirmation and several replays. I wonder if the frostii or sfw sub will make it clearer.

im still confused about the whole abe thing and what she was 'hoping' for. I had forgotten about the post FTGT refrenced above. I guess that makes some sense. "Hoping that, in the end, it was all worth it to get what one is looking for"

the thing is i dont think she knew what the hell she wanted or was looking for. She was just blindly going for money but i dont think thats what she really wanted. Was she really willing to throw everything aside to reach a goal shes not even sure she wants?

Its still kinda vague to me but at least that general mentality got through to lawrence. after watching it again the line near the end stood out

"Abe is risking her life to pursuit profit, fully aware that the appeal will die once she attains it. That attitude is something i should learn as a merchant"
*this is where horo finally puts her tail down*
"Thats why i thought id try doing the same thing"

i think that hits Horo more than lawrence there. Its that line that has her finally put her guard down. Her whole thing has been worryin about getting hurt, trying to keep the memories where they were, or the 'luster' fading, or how hard the parting at the end will be. He's saying that the end of their journey may be sad, and you could get hurt, but that the actual journey is where the joy is. You have to risk getting hurt in order to actually gain any happiness. Thats how i view it anyway. It ties into his "its possible your wish wont be fullfilled. But if you dont wish at all, it definatly wont be fullfilled" line right before that

I think Bash is over analyzing what shes asking him to take responsibility for a bit
I think its as simple as her saying he will have to take responsibility that hes in a pretty much lose lose situation here that will most likely end badly

on the 'kiss' .. sorry but it still seems like he rubs her nose. I rewatched the one from ep 00 and it pretty much matches the part where hes pulling away in that episode. I dont see it as an actual kiss. Their lips are not actually touching except for a second as hes pulling back. If that was somehow a kiss then it was the most piss poor animation ive seen in my life

so really the only thing im not very clear on is what the hell Abe was talking about with that 'hope' line. Her desire to chase after the money and just hoping it will make her happy just doesn't make sense, it seemed like she wanted to be anything BUT like her owner.

oh and what happened to the old man! seriously, i wonder if abe offed him.

couple of random floater questions:

just an oddity. what was with the scene where lawrence is staring at his cart? Had he been robbed?

is it abe or eve? both sfw and frostii use eve but mazui uses abe. its hard to tell because Japanese dont really use E's well. I would think it would be Abe since the point was to hide shes a woman

i really cant decide what sub version to keep. the wording in episode 12 with mazui is kinda screwy, but that could be just because the dialogs conviluded. I'll have to compare it to frostii when it somces out. I also started d.loading SFW's. I guess the best thing to do would be just watch the whole series all 3 back to back every episode, jot down mistakes/odd wording and tally it all up in the end =P god thatll take a while and i need the last epps from frostii and sfw first

which version are you guys keeping? Frostii is rated well but honestly i dont like their subs. They seem to reword stuff and you lose the intent a lot. I.e. in episode 00 at the very end. Frostiis release had me totally miss that horo was asking nora the best way to herd sheep/i.e. the best way to get lawrence. I initially saw the BSS release and it was quite clear but the frostii version just says 'whats a shepards most important quality' If i had only seen that i would have no clue what the laugh was at the end. Theres a lot of other little translation liberties they took im not a huge fan of

grr i want to just get cracking on the back to back watching but not much point untill i have ep 12 of each

I never read novels/manga but this shows got me looking at the novel translations, and the announcment of a season 3 black lagoon has me looking at the manga, especially after hearing/seeing the revy shower scene ;P