View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 19:03   Link #83
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe Im wrong here, but from my point of view Lawrence does not know about the "rubbing nose = wolf kiss" aspect, since he didnt get what Horo was referring to in the OVA. And if you watch that scene in the OVA again, where Horo imagines Lawrence giving her a "nose rubbing", it looks different imo. Here he pauses after touching her lips. He gives her a short (but tender) kiss, as if to tell her "kick me as hard as you can, I dont care, I still love you from the bottom of my heart".
True, I almost thought he intentionally rubbed noses as he "kissed" her! Lawrence, you sly bastard..

I feel it was precisely his lack of obvious passion that made the "kiss" so epic. She kicks him in the chest and tries to change the topic forcefully to save face. So what does he do? He counterattacks her as if to say "this is just a small sample of what you are missing by being stubborn". You can see in her eyes just how effective that counterattack really was. I wonder if he had done that earlier, rather than kissing her on the hand first, if she would have melted completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
...truth be told, he never had a chance of winning in the long run. And he will lose with a smile on his face.
Of course, and he knows that But any battle he can win against her is a HUGE upset, and she knows it. He totally destroyed her this time, and definitely won her love and adoration (and her abuse, because he clearly has a masochistic side).

In fact, the only moment where I was really disappointed in the episode was:
"You defied my foolishness with everything you had. That's why.. I.. [audience is screaming 'tell him you love him!'] I'll go along with your foolishness."