View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 10:09   Link #71
bbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
What remains to be seen is what Horo is REALLY afraid of. She clearly isn't afraid of his love, or any of her other lame excuses (like being worried that their relationship will become "less fun"). She's clearly scared of some hidden consequence of their love, but she's so cowardly or proud (or both) she can't even tell him that much. Thankfully, he's now in a position to stand up to her and eventually crack the case, because it seems she'll never tell him on her own. Hopefully that will be the least we get out of season 3
I think she actually is afraid of outliving him and losing him eventually, since she dreams of standing above his barren bones. It may be inspired by a similar experience she remembers from one of her previous apperances as a human.

She's thinking that she may as well end it now, with nothing but happy memories between them, while she has the opportunity to help Lawrence realize his dream. She may also have been insecure about Lawrence's feelings at the time, since he said that it may be better if she finds her own way once they get to that town. (I still don't understand why he said this, it's part of the "means to an end" convoluted set-up of some of the dialogue.)

This is exactly the responsibility she's laying on Lawrence now: she's in effect "passing the buck" on her immortality and telling him that, even if I stand at your grave, it was a choice you will have made.