View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 13:17   Link #33
brain
house music addict

I rated this episode a 10/10 for evoking some actual tears in spite of the overall predictability of the end of this arc. Yes, the inevitable "good end" was certain (if for no other reason than the ED sequence really does demand it). I would posit that Lawrence is predictably bold enough by now that there would have been no way to actually dissuade him from coming through with the 'rescue'.

I think Horo's tendency to remain so aloof even after these two seasons of content speaks volumes to her (lack of) experience. It is very doubtful to me at this point that her six hundred years were often spent in the company of other sentient beings, much less humans. Lawrence's own social fumbles and Horo's willingness to be play teasing tsundere role serve as a diversion, but I think through that you can see that she is probably far more inexperienced than she lets on, both romantically and socially in general.

Overall, I have to say that this season has been very satisfying. I had low expectations at the start based upon the initial animation quality, but there were rapid marked improvements and then consistently good voice acting and musical score throughout. The only qualm I really have is that the pacing has seemed rather abrupt throughout the second season. It makes me want to take up the light novels and see how differently the story is portrayed there. Definitely looking forward to a third season where the smooth out some of the rough edges in pacing and characterization!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews