View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 11:58   Link #27
BashZeStampeedo

Kudos to the animators and seiyuu for really bringing this episode to life! It was a suitably good ending for the season. Wonder if season 3 will be about Horo coming to terms with how she feels about Lawrence, now that Lawrence knows how he feels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well I wouldn't exactly call it convoluted. Most of the issues arose because Lawrence is as dense as a brick, a fact no fan will deny because it's true. Most of everything that happened is because Lawrence for the most part can't pick up the hints and subtleties Horo's trying to get across as well as Lawrence being very clumsy in the way he talks to Horo about certain issues that he otherwise would handle perfectly if it was about business.
I don't really buy that it's Lawrence's fault anymore. Horo is way over his head, and rarely comes down to his level (and even then in cryptic ways). In the end, there is very little you can say against Lawrence this time. He's really out-shined Horo this time.

He made her realize the choice she's given him is extremely difficult and painful to him, especially because she's backed him into a corner. He gives her a taste of her own medicine (perhaps unintentionally): it's over because that's what she wanted. Then by going through with the plan he probably made her feel all kinds of awful, just like he felt. Ultimately though, he pulls through. He even accepts Horo's inability to reciprocate; he still loves her too much to let her go, and will carry on "hoping".

In the meantime, Horo can't even tell him why she's holding back. She's clearly in love with him, but just can't admit it. Now she has no excuse - she's the one holding their relationship back. She can no longer rely on him as a scapegoat (although notice she still asks him to take responsibility).

I wonder what diablo ex machina is holding her back. The fact that she can't be honest about it is a little disconcerting. And the fact that he's willing to carry on under those conditions really is *scary*.