View Single Post
Old 2009-09-19, 19:49   Link #68
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Go back and watch any number of SHAFT epics with Shinbo directing (TMP, PPD, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch, etc) they *all* have these gaffs in animation/budget/timecrunch during broadcast. One can argue whether its "arty" or not. It usually gets fixed by DVD release.
blea well ive watched a good chunk of them now and i think im avoiding all future shaft releases. Honestly i find this show pretty interesting, but the animatino studio completely ruined it with their cheap time/cost cutting tricks. No its not artsy. I thought that at first but as it goes on they are longer and more drawn out and just basically in the way of what could have been powerfull scenes.

are ALL shaft productions this terrible or just ones with this sninbo guy directing? Id like a list or something so i can avoid any of his older stuff since im playing catch up on anime from the last few years, both fansub and comercial stuff. I can find production of shaft studio shows but again, is it EVERYTHING or just the stuff from that guy?
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote