View Single Post
Old 2009-09-17, 02:41   Link #67
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
About the Joker, well Animation and Movie are a bit differents. I don't think people are ready for that because perhaps people thinks that Cartoon=kids. And there is a lot of censure in USA on cartoon no?
The development about what Joker did to the bank president is a bit... disgusting .
It depends on the network, a channel like Cartoon Network wouldn't allow that. The only cable channel that would fit would be Spike TV, or maybe Adult Swim(but AS doesn't really show stuff like that anymore. Like what was stated already, it's not that DC can't do it, it's more that they won't do it.

And actually, there were times where Joker's more sadistic side were hinted.
Spoiler:

That's honestly the farthest they'll go in terms of that content in my opinion.

As for recommendations, there's been a whole lot of movies realeased for DC and Marvel. Have you seen Justice League: A New Frontier? It's not in the same universe that the series take place, it has a classic look. And it takes place in the 50s. It was even nominated for an Emmy Award.

Have you seen the old Batman: TAS movie, Mask of the Phantasm? It's a classic. What about Return of the Joker from the Batman Beyond Universe? Superman: Doomsday also recieved positive reviews(but you said you weren't much of a fan of Superman so. . .).

The Hal Jordan version of Green Lantern also has a movie out called Green Lantern: First Flight that described his origins. To most people, it would just be another retelling, but you, it might be good. I haven't seen it.

I haven't really watched the Fantastic Four, so I can't say about that. There's old 1994-1996 one, which I assume is the one that most people will recommend, and there was one that started 3 years ago that's called Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes. I saw a few episodes and didn't think was bad, though I'm not one to judge since i was never really a fan. The animation is really. . .bright.

Spoiler for Fantastic Four:

I'm going to leave the Ultimate Avengers movie to Kenjiharima.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-09-17 at 03:02.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote