View Single Post
Old 2009-09-15, 23:00   Link #60
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
guess i'll ask this here, read through and dont really see an answer to it

I just d.loaded the epps of this that are out so far and only had time to watch a few.. kinda interesting but what the heck is with the stupid flash's with text? the animation seems quite poor as well. I did a little searching online and i guess the studio animating it, Shaft, is notorious for being quite cheap and spreading itself to thin. I saw an article about episode 10 having an absurd amount of those little text boxes, with a lot just saying 'scene missing' and next to no animation at the end

whats the deal with this? Is the studio just this bad quality? are they running out of time? Trying to play it off as a certain style seems like a cop out to me. Just wondering if anyone knew whats going on, im wondering if its even worth watching the rest of this
From what I've heard, it's mostly production scheduling problems and issues finding an outsourcing company. They seem to be pretty good on the financial end for this series, in terms of sponsors and all, so it appears they just ran out of time and manpower last week.

Some fixes have been made on versions of the episode that broadcast on other stations, and presumably it's all gonna be better on the DVD. Still, this series has overall, so far as my eye can tell, been significantly better animated than most of Shaft's other shows, and the finished parts of episode 10 were still high quality.