View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 16:12   Link #47
Rurik
Golden

Good thread Albafica, I could say that from what you can take out of American animation, these superheroes based cartoons were the best, especially those from the Diniverse (Paul Dini’s version of DC comics).

My main problem with the marvel franchise is the lack of real violence and sometimes silly fights. That were Paul Dini broke grounds with Batman TAS, he actually put the character using Guns that actually shoot bullet (and not laser), He made the characters throw punch that actually Landed on someone face, If you see The old X-men Series or Spider Man, maybe you will see that a couple of time in the entire series run, and it got old. In the case of X-men, the animation quality was lacking, unlike the Diniverse which always maintained a standard.

Quote:
But for me you can't beat the triumvirate of Batman, Superman and Justice League. Great cartoons but also really good television in general.
Agree, While The original X-men series was a great series, it lacked some element, specially visually, The story telling was good, Like the award wining Night of the sentinels, but the visual where sometimes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Superman is the worst super hero ever imo. He has too many powers and his only weakness is Kryptonite, which everybody seems to have.
That’s why Dineverse version is fun to watch, you see a more down to earth Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
What is FF4? Final fantasy 4? *_*
Fantastic Four, it was a very good series in syndication that also included Iron Man, while the first season didn’t had such good quality, the second season was the bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Now there are other things that can pound Superman, aside from Kryptonite. That's just his basic weakness, kinda like a bullet for human beings.
He has problem with electricity also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Does anyone think those studios will have the guts to faithfully animate frame-by-frame, scene-by-scene from the edgier comics where we have gore and sexual themes going on anytime soon ?
NO. and not only because of the rating problem, but because those American produced animation never liked (or did) a full animation of an already released story, sometimes they do take the base idea, but not something like you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I couldn't get used to the Brave and the Bold since Kevin Conroy didn't voice Batman.
Every time Kevin Conroy is not casted as the voice of Batman, Kitten’s die >__<, heck I wished that in both Batman Begin and Dark Night, The Director would voice over Christian Bale for Kevin Conroy.

He is so perfect for voicing Batman, that is why the video game Batman Arkham Asylum was so good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I liked the Brave and the Bold as well, a change of pace from the more serious Batman series we're used to. I feel like Batman and Batman-related characters always outshine the other DC heroes, especially in the Justice League (+Unlimited) series.
Because Batman was haxed in that universe, remember that Paul Dini started with Batman, so is sort of a Bias that exists.

About the other characters, I don’t know, it is true that when a Villain from Batman appeared they outshined other characters (which was at best 3 or 4 times), but Seldom they appeared, as We saw a good amount of villains from other Heroes, Like Lex Luthor that appeared quite a lot in the series, heck, the entire first season of Unlimited was based around Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I thought it was Hal Jordan, if you are talking about the 2 part episodes where a group of heroes are trapped in a time traveling devise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
Edit* by the way I'm a very big Marvel/DC fan. Justice league Unlimited is probably my favorite DC series, and Xmen Evolution is my favorite marvel series. Of cours the 90's Xmen had the best theme song!

What I didn’t liked about X-men evolution was that turning Jean and Scott as teenagers, they totally destroyed the Logan-Scott-Jean love drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I personally think it wasn't about race and it really does add a uniqueness to the league, comics or animation-wise.
It was because of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
While not DC or Marvel, the Spawn animated series from 10 years ago was rather gory I believe, but that aired on and was produced by HBO. And well. . . it's Spawn. They're making new series about Spawn if anyone is interested.
One of the best comic book series ever made, mostly in part because it was 100% faith full to the comic book and it had no restriction, I always wished one of those Cable channel do the same with wolverine, can you imagine Logan doing use of his claw like he does in his Comic books?

Quote:
About Stewart, I love his personality, he's cool . I don't know Hal Jordan so I will not say anything about him. But is he in the Green Lantern movie? I will try to get this movie .
Hal is better, and Yeah he is going to be in the movie, Ryan Reynolds is going to be the actor >__<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think you're referring to the Question. He is possibly the only DC hero with better detective skills than Batman, and he is one of my favorites from JLU.
Nope, He is not a better detective than Batman, he is just paranoid, and given he is a conspiracy theorist he tends to create connections for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
also Batman is not called the "WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE" for nothing. So Question comes in second in the DC universe if it means detective work.
Word

Quote:
Too bad now our Batman is Dick Grayson...
That isn’t going to last, But Grayson does has very good analytical skills.

Quote:
Batman, Dick Grayson? WTH? It's a comics?
Spoiler: