View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 04:03   Link #18
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Does anyone think those studios will have the guts to faithfully animate frame-by-frame, scene-by-scene from the edgier comics where we have gore and sexual themes going on anytime soon ?

I, for one, suggest they have a Batman episode based on the timeless "Killing Joke" to test drive audience reception before proceeding.

PS :- Blackest Night is an instant classic in my book now with Dick "Batman" Grayson up aganist his Parents with the Drakes joining in the fun. Oh the hilarity.
No, I think it's best not to make it "edgier" by adding sex and gore. It doesn't make it more appealing, it's the story! The girls are sexy, the action makes me stand from my seat; is there anything I am missing? Just my imagination. = \

It's okay for DCAU or Marvel Animation to put gore and sex(or implied sex) on Direct-to-DVD's. But mainstream doesn't sound good. What about the kids who'd watch them? They are too young for sensitive issues and themes like violence, sex, poltics and what else. Maybe 8 years from now they can search for that kind of material but definitely not when they are twelve year olds.

P.S. Ohhh the Graysons are back from the dead I hope Dick's will is as strong as Bruce Wayne
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote