View Single Post
Old 2004-07-18, 20:19   Link #49
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian
Female:

Fumiko Orikasa - I wonder why no one mentions her, I love her voice, she's very versatile --- I like her roles as Pacifica - Scrapped Princess, Chise - Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, Kirara - Samurai 7, Ciel - Tsukihime (and also sung the ED)
I did :P She is perhaps one of 2 female seiyuu that has not been typecast in the industry. Thing is, Gonzo Digimations have been using her services a lot- so much I feels the girl is their lead seiyuu whenever it comes to their major productions. Anyway, still think she was at her absolute best playing the young Chiyoko in Millennium Actress- lost count how many different roles, personalities and emotions she took on here. Must be seen to be believed. The only character she hasn't done so far is a male ...

The other is of course Hisakawa Aya and everyone should check her Tenjo Tenge role as Natsume Maya. One moment she'll use her CCS Keroberos voice to nag in chibi, the next she goes into violent PMS b1ach mode when @$$ whupping the opposition. Most impressed by her Nakajima Yoko in 12 Kingdoms. I absolutely hated this character for about the first 5 episodes for the constant whine than came out- then the character changed with some really extreme paranoia before settling into the backbone of titanium steel mode. Great switch and a very difficult performance to carry.

Male seiyuu with this sort of range: Takehito Koyasu. Didn't think it was possible for someone to do brooding male [Fist of North Star's Kenshiro] AND effeminate hentai [Mahou Tsukai Tai] till I heard this guy in action Wheter or not it's talent or skill he belongs in a league of his own.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote