View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 09:29   Link #76
Rawinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
The fact remains that it built a certain atmosphere and developed characters in a certain way in Z, just to completley change the mood of it in ZZ. That doesn't always mean bad writing, but it always alienates your original fans, and that's never a good thing.
If the writers are inconsistent with tone and characterization, then I would call that bad writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Again, he wasn't shown outside of the battlefield in Zeta. And while the nutcase comment was a jab at him, he wasn't exactly "crazy" in ZZ either.
I refer back to my "parachuting with a jacket" example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Age doesn't mean crap in anime nor in real life, especially when your dealing with mental attraction/Newtype understanding. This ain't sexual attraction.
A 21-year-old woman interested in a 14-year-old boy? Like I said, totally unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Again it's a different show. It's not meant to be Zeta continuation. It basically have a totally different cast. It involves totally different people. So what you guys are complaining about is basically the same as complaining that Zeta ruined MSG because Char is no longer a badass antagonist who love to doublecross people.
Of course ZZ is meant to be a continuation of Zeta. It involves and builds off the same characters, same plot points, and same setting left at the end of Zeta. The first episode is a recap of Zeta. The second episode picks up immediately where Zeta left off. Hell, "Zeta" is even in the name of the show!

And as jonli pointed out, I don't think your example works. Char is still fighting against the Earth on the behalf of spacenoids; the only people he double-crossed were the Zabis, who are all dead; and he's still quite the badass.

Last edited by Rawinder; 2009-08-27 at 09:42.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote