View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 06:33   Link #73
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Again it's a different show. It's not meant to be Zeta continuation. It basically have a totally different cast. It involves totally different people. So what you guys are complaining about is basically the same as complaining that Zeta ruined MSG because Char is no longer a badass antagonist who love to doublecross people.

She certainly didn't go out well, but I think the finalbattle really put her in a good light and made her a lot more likeable. You can't say the same for every final battle..
While I agree that Double Zeta is a different show than Zeta. Zeta actually continues the themes provided in the first Gundam. Char was kept in character, he still had his charming vibe, and his menacing attitude. He was every bit the same Char we saw at the end of MSG. He didn't double cross because he didn't have any Zabis left to kill at all costs, he's fighting for a different cause now, less personal. Besides we also have to note that Zeta although is basically a sequel of MSG, came a lot later. While Double Zeta came immediately after Zeta, the audience still had that bitter cliff-hanger-ending at the edge of their lips.

Even if it wasn't intended as a sequel, it sure is advertised as one. If it wasn't a sequel at all then it is a trap.

Double Zeta also tried to change the tone of the series in the second half, making it more dark and gritty like Zeta. I don't know what the real reasons of the sudden change is for, but from what I can tell it seems like Tomino is just trying to salvage what's left of the show.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-08-27 at 08:22.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote