View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 21:56   Link #69
Rawinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
We never saw what Yazan was like outside of the battlefield in Zeta... Plus he's still the same killer in ZZ that he was, he did killed Saegusa, a survivor of Gryps and Bright's punches. So his personality in ZZ fits his nutcase persona.
But that's the thing, Yazan wasn't a nutcase in Zeta, he was a soldier. He may have enjoyed taking out his enemies, but he never acted out and out crazy like he did in ZZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Why is her having a relationship with Judau stupid? Its no different from the relationship between Amuro and Lalah, for example. Newtypes can connect with each other, and Judau happened to be a powerful one that Haman connected with.
Haman is a completely different person from Lalah though. Besides, Haman having any sort of attraction to Judau is totally unbelievable, she's 7 years older than him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
As for the anti-climatic ending, that goes for most of Tomino's villains, unfortunately. I wouldn't single out Haman when Char just abruptly disappears in CCA with the stupidest last line, Katejina just disappears from the final battle after Uso waves his shiny wings (only to resurface as a blind begger for no reason), and Gym Ghingnham decides to duel Loran for no reason and stupidly gets wrapped up in a cocoon, also seemingly for no reason.
I haven't finished Turn A, so I can't comment on that. But in CCA and Victory, you still had a final battle where the two went all out against each other. Amuro and Char's battle reaches a climax in CCA, and Uso's battle with Chronicle and Katejina reaches a climax. Judau and Haman's final battle just kind of fizzled out; Haman didn't really go all out and Judau didn't even really defeat her. It was just a really weak ending to the whole thing.

And that anti-climactic remark goes for the whole finale. In addition to the Judau/Haman fight, I was also disappointed with how the Mark II and Zeta go down so easily and lamely. Though at least the Zeta still got one last shot off, which was badass.

Last edited by Rawinder; 2009-08-26 at 22:24.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote