View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 05:18   Link #60
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I don't find Double Zeta to be as annoying as most people. A good quarter or maybe even third of the series is wasted by Tomino blatantly departing from what made Zeta great, but if you scour the internet with a fine-toothed comb you can probably find a detailed description of the original scenario, which included Char coming back at the end to lead the rebellion against Axis Zeon and killing Haman himself as well as an extended cameo by Amuro in the conclusion. You kind of get a sense of which ZZ characters took over those roles, although they seem completely forced and unnatural. Especially Glemy going from a goofy bastard obsessed with Roux to taking Char's place as the rebellion leader with his little Newtype clone army.

I do have an issue with Judau wasting Haman with ease when Kamille and Char couldn't even beat her. I don't consider Judau an excellent pilot because it's stated outright in Zeta that Axis Zeon's soldiers are untrained rookies, so it's not like Amuro fighting against seasoned Zeon veterans like Ramba Ral and Char or Kamille fighting against Cyber Newtypes and Titans aces. The Dublin colony drop battle is far and away the best part of ZZ, and almost worth watching the series just to see.
That would have been intersting. To be honest, I don't like ZZ. The first half of the show was painful to watch for me. However, the second half was better.