Thread: Anime Expo
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-07, 11:53   Link #69
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm glad I went all four days, but like kj1980 said it was over-airconditioned. I think I'm coming down with a cold because of all the waiting in line.

I also overdid the waiting in line stuff. I showed up at 8 am for masq tickets which were given out at 11, then I showed up at 5 pm for the seating line for masq which started at 8. I got the best seats available, just behind the GoH's. I honestly don't think it was worth it, next year I'll show up at the tail end of the masq tickets and bring binoculars. O'course, I'm a bit frustrated because the person in front of me was 6'5" tall, and the person next to me was fat fat fat and spilling over to my seat and sitting with his legs splayed. And just to get it off my chest,
Spoiler for foul language:

Anyways, the charity auction was fun again. The biggest sellers (over $1000) were mostly for Last Exile, and also a good number were for ROD TV. I didn't know they were so popular. Gungrave and Submarine 707 each got one over $2000. The biggest seller was a gorgeous one from Wolf's Rain... a color sketch of wolf Kiba and Cheza sold for $8000

I was surpised that a video room once has a huge line... it was for the showing of GitS SAC. Did AX advertise that anime was showing or something?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote